Yay! I was so proud of this dress when I made it. It has taken me a few months to get good pictures, and a few more months to finally upload them, but here we are! I still love the dress, but I can definitely see where I would change it if I were to make it again.
When I found the sewing themed fabric, it seemed like such a perfect and fun print to make a modern dress with, I just couldn’t resist. The image on the bottom right shows some of my decision making process after I found the fabric. The pattern was made by me, and is fairly simple. A big rectangle for the skirt, a small one for the waist, and a sort of funny looking triangle for the bust (draped until it looked about right). I am not fond of the way the back looks, but that’s a problem for next time. There’s elastic in the back half of the waist band, so I didn’t have to make any closure.